Wait, what? Squirrel for dinner?
A fire that ravaged an apartment complex in Holland Township, Mich. reportedly started because a resident was a little clumsy with a propane blowtorch, which he was using to prepare a squirrel carcass for eating.
The blaze started at about 12:30 pm Wednesday, Michigan Live reports. The resident was on his third-floor patio, using the torch to singe the fur off the dead animal, when he accidentally ignited the deck.
The flames rapidly got out of control and spread to the roof, according to Wood TV. Ultimately, eight apartments were destroyed, several more sustained significant damage, and the roof of the apartment complex caved in.
The Lansing State Journal reports that the American Red Cross is providing assistance to the dozen families who have been left homeless.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Rednecks..... What can I say.. hahaha
Return to: J. Slater's Blog Blog